Companies that invest in the wellness of their employees see a positive return on their investment. My expertise is in integrating the areas of nutrition and exercise. My communication skills allow me to motivate, educate, and provide the skills needed for change.
The evidence is clear: effective wellness programs can lower insurance costs, reduce the number of employee sick days, improve employee productivity, and improve morale.
The key is developing the most effective wellness team.
Nutrition and physical activity are the cornerstones of an effective program. They impact on body weight, heart health, cancer prevention, diabetes, and more. Sadly, the plethora of myths surrounding this area has led to a great deal of confusion, leaving many unsure of what to eat and just how to integrate nutrition and physical activity for the best outcome.
My success at improving health through behavior change is due to the combination of providing the most up-do-date, science-based information with skills honed over 25 years of experience. The result is employees who are able to make the necessary changes that will lead to long-term improvements in health and well-being.
The following services can be tailored to your employee’s needs:
- Lunch & learn (see below)
- Weight loss groups
- Individual counseling
- Food cooking demonstrations
Goal setting to help individuals set realistic goals to meet both short and long-term health goals
Nutrition assessment including medical needs (i.e. heart disease, high cholesterol, food allergies, diabetes), individual requirements,
and dietary analysis
Counseling for behavior change and emotional eating
All programs include guidelines for incorporating physical activity into nutrition plans.
- Managing Your Weight with Nutrition and Exercise
- Winning Sports Nutrition: Myths and Realities
- Supermarket Smarts: Navigating Your Way through the Aisles
- Living the Wellness Lifestyle in our Fast-Paced World
- Eating for Heart Health
- Fighting Stress with Nutrition
- The Truth about Dietary Supplements
- All You Ever Wanted to Know about Carbohydrates: Whole Grain, Glycemic Index, Sugars and More
- Are Bananas Fattening? And other dieting myths
- Food On the Run and On the Road